Three-Day WorkshopsProfessional Grant Development
Two-Day WorkshopsComprehensive CIHR Proposal Development Nonprofit & Educators Proposal Development Two-Day Professional Grant Development
One-Day WorkshopsEssentials of Proposal Writing Writing & Designing NIH Proposals Writing & Designing NSF Proposals
ONLINE! Webinars: Writing Winning GrantsProfessional Grant Development Companion
More Workshop InfoAbout Our Instructors Cancellation & Refund Policy
Writing & Designing NSF ProposalsSee Writing & Designing NSF Proposals Workshops
Writing Winning Grants for NSF
This one-day comprehensive workshop is geared for those who wish to submit winning research proposals to the National Science Foundation (NSF). It is taught by experienced faculty who received various NSF grants and serve as evaluators on NSF review panels.
Participants will understand how to navigate the FastLane, focus on the key sections of successful proposals and demonstrate that their projects merit the excellence and innovation that bring them to the top of other submissions. All sessions engage the attendees in interactive exercises, writing, lectures and discussions so that all participants will leave the class understanding how to research, write and develop their specific project.
Areas to be covered include the:
- Overall strategic plan of grant-writing
- Types of awards and NSF funding, including what to look for in a grant application
- Proposal preparation process and submission mechanisms
- Characteristics, content and function of the various pieces of the proposal, including: hypothesis, methods, outcomes, broader implications, evaluation, timelines and budgets
- Secret to organizing and writing "Merit Review Criteria"
Participants will learn how to:
- Compose the pieces of an NSF Research Grant Proposal
- Understand the inner workings of NSF's Peer Review System and the rating scores
- Develop and write the approach and "Broader Impacts" section
- Package superior proposal submissions
- Avoid the fatal flaws of a grant
- Effectively write and approach resubmissions
Registration includes tuition, materials, certificate of completion, and continental breakfast (for in-person workshops).
Space is limited and registration will take place on a first-come-first-serve basis.
In-Person: Cost for this workshop is $375.00. A discount of $25.00 per person will be given if more than one person registers from the same organization. Members receive a $95 discount.
Online: Cost for this workshop is $335.00. A discount of $20.00 per person will be given if more than one person registers from the same organization. Members receive an $85 discount.